Problem using rsync on a nslu2

Hello,

I'm trying to transform a nslu2 in a debian/rsync backup of my workstation.

I have created a rsync script on my workstation that backup over ssh to the
nslu2. This script is an adaptation of a script I use to bakup different
workstations on my home lan.

the rsync options are :
OPTS="--log-file=$LOGFILE --force -v --ignore-errors --progress --delete-excluded --exclude-from=$EXCLUDES
      --delete -a --timeout 360 --rsh=ssh"

The problem is that the rsync script fails after a while with this error
message :

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1276 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error allocating core memory buffers (code 22) at io.c(632)
[sender=3.0.4]

According to the rsync faq : http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/issues.html
Question 3 the cause of the error may be that the ssh shell drops.

I have tried to create on my workstation a .sss/config with :

ServerAliveInterval 3
TCPKeepAlive yes

but the problem is still there.

I guess that there are some options needed on the nslu2 openssh
configuration for ssh_config or sshd_config.

Does anyone has some experience with this problem ?

Cheers,
Charles

PS : rsync version on the nslu2 is 3.0.3 and on my workstation 3.0.4
--
http://www.kde-france.org