Re: Libidl0 compilation error

Martin,

I created a different login other than root and attempted to build the package using "-rfakeroot". Surprisingly, the package compiled!! Not sure why...
I had also added a new ENV variable "LANG=en_US". Maybe this helped to appropriately format the quotes. Again, not sure...

Thank you for giving me the idea to compile using fakeroot, and thanks for giving ssh access to your system. I am now done with your system.

Thanks again,
Dinesh

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Martin Guy <martinwguy@yahoo.it> wrote:
On 7/18/08, Dinesh D <dinesh.arm@gmail.com> wrote:
> "dpkg-buildpackage -tc" or "dpkg-buildpackage -nc". Sometimes I use the
> "-j2" argument for faster compilation.

Done. I used plain dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

I have known -j to break a few unusual package builds due to
unexpressed dependency on side-effects in the makefiles. However that
doesn't sound a likely cause of your troubles.