Re: bootloader & kernel on Nokia N810

On Thu, 2008.05.15, 136, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:11 PM, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008.05.11, 132, Riku Voipio wrote:
> > > What compiler did you use to build the kernel?
> >
> > Installed are:
> > gcc-4.3 4.3.0-3
> > gcc-4.2 4.2.3-4
> >
> > It looks like I'm using gcc-4.3.  I see that version 4.3.0-4 is available; I'll
> > upgrade it soon.
>
> Are you sure you are using a cross compiler for ARM (e.g. those from
> Emdebian or from Code Sourcery) and not a native compiler?

I am compiling in the chroot, and everything I'm using in the chroot is from
Debian sid armel.  So I am using a native compiler, and as far as I understand,
it should work (like this: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.php).  The
maemo kernel is armel, everything in the chroot is armel, and the target kernel
is armel.  I hoped this would be simpler than cross-compiling.  Please
enlighten me if I'm missing something (like maybe it can't be done in a chroot
for some reason).  And thanks for your patience.

> AFAIK, the NOKIA logo does not say anything whether the kernel is
> booting, it comes from the bootloader. And its probably rebooting
> because a hardware watchdog is being triggered due to a buggy kernel.

Okay.