Re: bootloader & kernel on Nokia N810

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 02:30:49PM -0500, green wrote:
> wondering: is it possible to somehow get output from the kernel instead of only
> "NOKIA"?  Especially without using serial access because I can't find the
> serial output that the N810 supposedly has.

There is a serial port, but it's hard to access physically without specific
hardware (service jig)

> I have used these kernel sources:
>  maemo 2008 kernel
>   http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo4.0.1/free/k/kernel-source-rx-34/

This one builds and boots fine following the instructions from:

http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/kernel_guide_for_maemo.html

What compiler did you use to build the kernel?

> These are not the only configs I've used, of course.

make nokia_2420_defconfig

from the maemo kernel should make a working kernel.

> If there is a better place for me to get help with this, please mention it.

For kernels, maemo-developers @ maemo site or linux-omap-open-source at ti OMAP
lists are probably best. For using debian as rootfs, this is probable
the best place.