Re: Do ARM-Synaptics and ARM-PCI-ethernet exist?

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 15:49 +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
>   Second, does anyone know of an ARM system that has one of the
> following ethernet chips on the PCI bus:
>    Sundance "Alta" NIC
>    Intel EEPro100
>    SMC EPIC-100
>    Myson mtd803
>    NatSemi DP83815
>    PCI NE2000 clones
>    NatSemi DP83820
>    AMD PCnet/PCI
>    RealTek RTL8129/8139
>    Adaptec Starfire DuraLAN
>    Digital DC21x4*
>    VIA Rhine vt86c100 and vt3043
>    3Com Vortex series
>    Winbond w89c840 Ethernet cards
>    Packet Engines Yellowfin chips

Most if not all of those are available as plug-in cards and hence can go
into anything that has a PCI slot.  There are definitely ARM boards that
fall into this category, though whether anybody is actually bothered
about using any of the above cards on them would be another question.

I worked on a design with SMC EPIC-100 onboard at one point but I expect
all those boards are in landfill now.

The NetWinder has a PCI NE2000 clone onboard.

p.