Re: Can someone still help with install

Am 18.04.2007 um 18:09 schrieb Gordon Farquharson:

Ok, now i would say: strange problems need strange workarounds.

Remembering my old problems on woody with the same effect (ftp.de.debian.org with ip 1.0.0.0), I tried my workaround: ping the servers before aptitude update. So while installing the base system, I open a second ssh, went to the console and as ping is not available at that time, I did "wget ftp2.de.debian.org" about every 3 or 4 minutes. Sure that gives an error message, but the IP was all the time up to date and did not change to 1.0.0.0. With that workaround, the installation went through and now I have a running system. I forgot to do that also for security.debian.org and so I had to set that up later on.

For now, I'm happy. I hope I don't have to do that ping-thing before every aptitude update. I'll keep you up to date on that.

Greetings...

--
* markus knapp *  video film produktion  * http://www.markus-knapp.de *
"Think different!"