Re: Softfloat on ARM?

Joey Hess a écrit :
> Laz wrote:
>> Someone mentioned on this list back in January that they would build an
>> armel kernel package: did this ever happen? Can't see one in
>> http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian but I do see lots and lots and
>> lots of packages! :-)
>
> I've only just finished getting the kernel to build today. debs should
> show up in the above archive eventually, but for now I've uploaded my first
> build to
> http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/tmp/armel/linux-image-2.6.18-4-ixp4xx_2.6.18.dfsg.1-10_armel.deb
>
> (All the other kernel packages for other arm systems etc are in the same
> directory. I've not tested any of these kernels yet.)

Nice work. I was working on a patch, but you have been faster than me!
Thanks for your work.

Would it be possible to enable the versatile flavour on armel? It is
disabled on arm due to limited build daemon ressources. But it seems
this is not the case on armel.

The configuration file is already in the debian/arch/arm directory so
it's just a matter of copying it into the armel directory. Note however
that it is a full configuration file, so you need to set EABI to yes
directly into the file (or better remove the line to use the common the
value configuration file).

Cheers,
Aurelien