Re: Softfloat on ARM?

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:04:37PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Laz wrote:
> > Is it possible to dist-upgrade from debian-arm to the EABI port or is it a
> > complete reinstall? If so, is it a "by hand" install or is there an
> > installer image for it?
>
> It's a complete reinstall, or a very tricky by-hand on the fly mass
> upgrade of everything. Noone has figured out a good way to do the latter
> procedure, but it's theoretically possible.

Will the armel kernel run "oldarm" binaries? (I'm sure I read that it
did somewhere) If so, then switching the nslu2 firmware to the new
kernel, booting the original Debian install, then installing the armel
port in a chroot before switching over to it ought to work. Or am I
missing something?

> There is not yet even a distributed kernel package for eabi for the
> slug, yet alone an installer, but watch this space.

Ah, well that would be a blocker for ths plan then :)

Perhaps some kind armel soul could generate an nslu2 flash image?

Phil