Re: Problems with armel repositories and more buildds

Martin Guy a écrit :
> Hi
>   There seem to be some inconsistencies between the two main armel
> repositories, and neither of the main ones seems to work properly any
> more.
>
>   The ftp.debian-ports.org repository is missing important packages or
> things are uninstallable because of arch-dependent and
> arch-independent package version conflicts.
>
> For example: libtool and libmpich-1.0-dev are missing

Libtool is available from unreleased:
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-armel/main/libt/libtool/

mpich is not available on armel, it build-depends on g77 which is not
available.

> # apt-get install aptitude
> [...]
>   aptitude: Depends: libcwidget0 but it is not installable
> # apt-get install libcwidget0
> [...]
> E: Couldn't find package cwidget0

cwidget needs to be built on armel. The build daemons are currently a
bit busy, please be patient.

> # apt-get install libgtk2.0-0
> [...]
>   libgtk2.0-0: Depends: libgtk2.0-common (= 2.12.3-1) but it is not
> going to be installed
>
> I gather the latter is because the arch-independent libgtk2.0-common
> has been updated but the armel binary package libgtk2.0-0 hasn't. I am
> told this is "normal" - is there really no way to keep a repository
> coherent and usable in the face of buildd delays, like keeping both
> versions of the arch-indep binary packages around and only updating an
> architecture's Packages file with the new arch-indep when the
> corresponding arch-dep package comes in?

As already explained on this list this is "normal". If you think it is
not acceptable, please come with a solution. This behaviour is there for
years, and it seems nobody think it worth implementing that.

> FWIW, /etc/apt/sources.list contains:
>   deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
>   deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main
> and I get the same symptoms listing just "unstable"
>

> The repo at ftp.gnuab.org instead seemed more coherent/complete but I
> cannot apt-get update from it any more:

gnuab.org is the old archive. Don't use it is outdated.

> Also, debian-ports.org admins, can we have http browse permission on
> ftp.debian-ports.org please? It would help understand what is going on

What do you mean exactly? The directories should already be browseable.
At least they are from here.