Problems with armel repositories and more buildds

Hi
  There seem to be some inconsistencies between the two main armel
repositories, and neither of the main ones seems to work properly any
more.

  The ftp.debian-ports.org repository is missing important packages or
things are uninstallable because of arch-dependent and
arch-independent package version conflicts.

For example: libtool and libmpich-1.0-dev are missing

# apt-get install aptitude
[...]
  aptitude: Depends: libcwidget0 but it is not installable
# apt-get install libcwidget0
[...]
E: Couldn't find package cwidget0

# apt-get install libgtk2.0-0
[...]
  libgtk2.0-0: Depends: libgtk2.0-common (= 2.12.3-1) but it is not
going to be installed

I gather the latter is because the arch-independent libgtk2.0-common
has been updated but the armel binary package libgtk2.0-0 hasn't. I am
told this is "normal" - is there really no way to keep a repository
coherent and usable in the face of buildd delays, like keeping both
versions of the arch-indep binary packages around and only updating an
architecture's Packages file with the new arch-indep when the
corresponding arch-dep package comes in?

FWIW, /etc/apt/sources.list contains:
  deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
  deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main
and I get the same symptoms listing just "unstable"

The repo at ftp.gnuab.org instead seemed more coherent/complete but I
cannot apt-get update from it any more:
# apt-get update
[...]
Failed to fetch http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/dists/unstable/Release  No
sections in Release file
/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.gnuab.org_debian_dists_unstable_Release

and the named file on the local host has length 0. The same happens if
I say "sid" instead of "unstable".

Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? Is anyone else
having similar problems or is it just me?

Also, debian-ports.org admins, can we have http browse permission on
ftp.debian-ports.org please? It would help understand what is going on