Re: Thecus 2100, extremly slow r8169

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* it@server-support.org <it@server-support.org> [2007-12-04 14:26]:

Im no longer able to access the thecus - neither (plugging/mounting the

boot disk into a different computer - editing the files and plugging back)

adding the "r8169" to /etc/modules nor linking initrd-image and vmlinuz

back to the old kernel

Linking vmlinuz and initrd.img to the old kernel on disk won't help
because the N2100 boots from flash.

let me access the nas any longer

Could someone send my the original 2.6.22-3-iop32x module (forgot to make a
backup copy)?

You could put the disk in another PC, copy a good vmlinuz and initrd
file from the disk to your tftp server, then use RedBoot's telnet
feature to load the ramdisk and kernel.  When the machine boots, use
flash-kernel <version> to write a good kernel to flash.

I really think the original r8169.ko (2.6.22-3-iop32x) would do the trick
Could someone please send me the module by mail?

Tx
uwe