Re: Thecus 2100, extremly slow r8169

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* it@server-support.org <it@server-support.org> [2007-12-03 11:52]:

Im running kernel 2.6.18-5-iop32x and the needwork speed is
something around < 1MBit/s

This is incredibly slow.  I'm away from my N2100 at the moment, but I
thought I got more than that.

PS: my sources.list (where can I get newer kernel):
------
deb http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/ lenny main contrib

Do you have linux-image-2.6-iop32x installed?  lenny has 2.6.22 these
days.  If you have linux-image-2.6-iop32x installed, it should have
pulled linux-image-2.6.22-3-iop32x (the current version) in
automatically.

I updated now to linux-image-2.6.22-3-iop32x, but unfortunally the issue is the same

Afterwards I installed the realtek modules, and now Im running into real trouble ...

Im no longer able to access the thecus - neither (plugging/mounting the boot disk into a different computer - editing the files and plugging back)
adding the "r8169" to /etc/modules nor linking initrd-image and vmlinuz back to the old kernel
let me access the nas any longer

Any help is highly appreciated

thanks
uwe