Re: Thecus 2100, extremly slow r8169

* it@server-support.org <it@server-support.org> [2007-12-04 14:26]:
>> >Im no longer able to access the thecus - neither (plugging/mounting the
>> boot disk into a different computer - editing the files and plugging back)
>> >adding the "r8169" to /etc/modules nor linking initrd-image and vmlinuz
>> back to the old kernel

Linking vmlinuz and initrd.img to the old kernel on disk won't help
because the N2100 boots from flash.

>> >let me access the nas any longer
> Could someone send my the original 2.6.22-3-iop32x module (forgot to make a
> backup copy)?

You could put the disk in another PC, copy a good vmlinuz and initrd
file from the disk to your tftp server, then use RedBoot's telnet
feature to load the ramdisk and kernel.  When the machine boots, use
flash-kernel <version> to write a good kernel to flash.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/