Re: nslu2 startup with automatic fat-slug detection

Hi Marc

On 6/26/07, Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> wrote:

I recall that there was a thread of discussion about automatically
upgrading APEX when a new package is installed.  Was this resolved?
In order for me to install a new APEX, I had to take the
/boot/apex.flash image, byte swap it, and then put the sercomm header
on it.  I can also put a copy of apex with all of those steps already
taken into /boot so that it is really easy to upgrade (or downgrade
for that matter).

A while ago, I submitted a patch to flash-kernel [1] which will write
apex to mtdblock2 as part of the flash-kernel script. As I mentioned
in my response to #421359, it is easy to make this a separate script.

Gordon

Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676