Re: reinstall etch

Hi Marc

On 6/26/07, Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 08:07:56AM -0600, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> http://cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/sda1-2.6.18.dfsg.1-12.bin
>
> to revive the system.
>
> Gordon

This may answer another question that I have.  If I want to replace
one slug with another and use an existing root filesystem, It is
sufficient to use the image linked above?

It should work, assuming that the 2.6.18.dsfg.1-12 modules exist in
your root file system. Alternately, you could use the current image in
the flash of the slug you want to replace, i.e. on that slug do,

$ cat /dev/mtdblock* > current-image.bin

and then write current-image.bin to the new slug using upslug2. 'cat
/dev/mtdblock* > file' is how the image referenced above was created.

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676