Re: Swap not enabled?

I played with it some more and I cant seem to locate the UUID of the
swap.  Even with tree /dev/disk I did play around with some things and
since I know the main disk that should be /dev/sda had the swap on
/dev/sda5 when I put the second disk on the unit gets addressed as
/dev/sdb I tried to mount /dev/sdb5 and even though it failed before I
sent the reply below I now have it mounting fine after changing the
fstab line for swap from /dev/sda5 to /dev/sdb5 for the swap.

I have to say things are much quicker now.

On 6/24/07, David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 15:46 -0400, Aaron Klein wrote:
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> UUID=63503a74-6e77-4623-bcea-9574740d3298       /               ext3    defaults
> ,errors=remount-ro 0       1
> /dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
> /dev/sda1       /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> /dev/sda5       /media/usb1     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> UUID=a50446ca-dcb2-4988-a19f-3dc9967e1449      /disk2           ext3    defaults
> ,errors=remount-ro 0       2
>
> I get nothing when i do a swapon -s

Then you don't have swap!

> I know why I belive.  I have two disks attached to my NSLU2.  The main
> disk in port 1 usually gets /dev/sda so the root partion would be
> /dev/sda5  When I boot with just 1 disk attached i get the swap
> partion like I should.  When the second disk is attached it seems like
> I dont get the swap partion.  I think the main disk gets mounted
> sometimes as /dev/sdb.  I have the two main disk partions being
> mounted by UUID but I dont seem to have a UUID that I can find for the
> swap.

I think your right. So what's the UUID of a swap partition? Good
question. However, I think there was another thread (something to do
with RAID) which also had this kind of problem. You could search the
list for something like 'UUID'.

Maybe someone knows the correct solution by heart?

David