Re: Swap not enabled?

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 22:02 +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 15:46 -0400, Aaron Klein wrote:
> > # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> > #
> > proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> > UUID=63503a74-6e77-4623-bcea-9574740d3298       /               ext3    defaults
> > ,errors=remount-ro 0       1
> > /dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
> > /dev/sda1       /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> > /dev/sda5       /media/usb1     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> > UUID=a50446ca-dcb2-4988-a19f-3dc9967e1449      /disk2           ext3    defaults
> > ,errors=remount-ro 0       2
> >
> > I get nothing when i do a swapon -s
>
> Then you don't have swap!
>
> > I know why I belive.  I have two disks attached to my NSLU2.  The main
> > disk in port 1 usually gets /dev/sda so the root partion would be
> > /dev/sda5  When I boot with just 1 disk attached i get the swap
> > partion like I should.  When the second disk is attached it seems like
> > I dont get the swap partion.  I think the main disk gets mounted
> > sometimes as /dev/sdb.  I have the two main disk partions being
> > mounted by UUID but I dont seem to have a UUID that I can find for the
> > swap.
>
> I think your right. So what's the UUID of a swap partition? Good
> question. However, I think there was another thread (something to do
> with RAID) which also had this kind of problem. You could search the
> list for something like 'UUID'.

Stupid me. It was your thread on 'fails to boot with second drive'.
However, I believe the web page that Stuart Read was trying to find is:

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/MountDisksByLabel

Not quite UUIDs, but labels. Works just as well. There is an example for
swap partitions, so it shouldn't be a problem to figure it out.

David