Re: Slow downloads: NSLU2

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:55:18PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Ouch! I'll grab my disk and check its speed on my 'high-end' laptop to
> see what it gives me.

I have a 500GB WD SATA drive in a USB enclosure, which I know can do
60MB/s using SATA (it has an eSATA connector on the enclosure too), and
by USB on an Athlon 64 3500+ using USB2 I get 22MB/s read speed.
Writing is a little slower.  Of course dropping from 22 to 5MB/s is
quite a bit, but then again there is overhead and it is a much slower
system.

--
Len Sorensen