Re: NSLU2 not mounting root filesystem after the ramdisk has been updated

I have on a few occasions found this. In my case it was because reflashing the firmware was not completely successful. (When I installed
openslug it often required a second flash for reliability).

There is a work-round for this problem (which may or may not be yours), which is to 'sudo flash-kernel' after a kernel flash, I do it twice and have yet to have a repeat of the boot problem.

Good luck.