Re: Why is IXP2400 called Intel,s ARM version?

On 2007-03-26 05:46 -0700, 19478 wrote:
> I came across this, "it is compliant to ARM and has the ARMv5Tej."
> what does it mean
> As i know that ARM licenses ,what has it licensed to intel ??for intel
> to bring out IXP2400?

I know nothing about IXP2400, and I'm not quite sure if I am answering
your question, but I think this may be relevant:

Intel have (had?) an ARM deisgn licence, which they got when they
bought the relevant part of DEC, which deisgned the StrongARM.

This means they don't licence CPU designs from ARM like everybody (?)
else, they are allowed to design their own arm-compatible CPUs. So the
storngarm/xscale series is the DEC/Intel branch of ARM CPU design.
This is separate from the ARM7/8/9/10/11 branch of ARM Corp designs.

I assume Marvell bought the Design licence from Intel last year, along
with their chip besiness.

IS that what you were asking or have I completely missed the point?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/

believed to be clean.