From: breidenbach@gmail.com [mailto:breidenbach@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Jeff Breidenbach
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:44 PM
To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Subject: success report, armel on nslu2

I bought another nslu2 yesterday, and a 4GB USB flash drive. Absolute
disaster; every combination I tried ended up failing, usually while
installing the base system. Fiddled with the etch RC2 installer, armel
installer, automatic vs manual partitioning, etc.

Today I threw out the memory stick (it was a "PQI u230") and replaced
it with a 2GB "Corsair Flash Voyager" which had good reviews for speed
and reliability. Worked like a charm on the first try. I did
pre-partition and
format the USB stick on a desktop Linux computer first, giving 256MB to
swap and the rest as an ext3 partition. Probably would have worked fine
letting the installer do this, but but I wanted to minimize the number
of
things that could go wrong.