Re: NSLU2 & Debian SID

Jeremy Brown wrote:
> I've had my nslu2 for years am putting Debian sid unstable from
> http://www.unslung.org/ at the bottom of the web page. Here another
> website that tells about this release:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort ..
> I just finished the (base install) from the installer firmware, and as
> of now am almost done with the (select and install software) script. Is
> this a broken installer release - such as RC1,i wonder? Or is is a fixed
> release, it was released on this date (debian-sid-armel-20070227)..

It's a working installer, but it is --

* not official Debian
* not stable
* not appropriate for production use

For example, there is no guarantee that there will be an upgrade path
from the current armel system to the one that eventually (hopefully)
lands in Debian.

This is why the website refers to it as an "Experimental Unstable
Unsupported Alpha Release".

--
see shy jo