NSLU2 & Debian SID

Hello,
I've had my nslu2 for years am putting Debian sid unstable from http://www.unslung.org/ at the bottom of the web page. Here another website that tells about this release: http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort .. I just finished the (base install) from the installer firmware, and as of now am almost done with the (select and install software) script. Is this a broken installer release - such as RC1,i wonder? Or is is a fixed release, it was released on this date (debian-sid-armel-20070227)..
_____

I'm a GUI friendly person, but i can work a little bit with the CLI and have some Linux experience, just wondering if there is any way to get a graphical interface for this little guy, if so can i add it after the installation or do i have to do it during the initial install? Also how would i access my desktop and window manager, would i log into it using ssh?Another question i have is, after i finish this install how do i get usb hard drives to read though the network on the NSLU2 though other windows machines?

I will wait for a reply before i flash the new install from the initial installer firmware.
I'm new to this so any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy