Re: arm eabi port, patches

'real' debs, built natively from an EABI ARM root filesystem with a
packaged gcc and a packaged libc6 and with all build-deps satisfied.)

Brill! If I had a hat I'd eat it :)

No, vanilla unpatched glibc 2.3.6 doesn't do EABI.  That's pretty
well-known.
Yep, that was the story last April. We were hoping 2.4 would make it
into etch or 2.3.7 would happen.

The SMP board that Wookey had?
That's the one!

 I don't really see why you'd use a board like that for building?
Didn't have anything else except QEMU on a 2GHz AMD which is faster
than it anyway for a single job. It helped shift some of the initial
straightforward bulk but I eventually gave up on it cos it was so
flaky, having to rerun jobs just cos of a segv, which is another day
gone. Terrible. Like trying to drink a lake through a straw. :-/

Bless