Re: NSLU2 Linux

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 01:39:42AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2006-08-17 16:35]:
> > Unfortunately, not true.  Different memory chips require a different
> > setup in the SDRAM controller.  All of the Fatslugs (AFAIK) use APEX
> > as the boot loader which can be configured to handle more SDRAM.
>
> I see.  Okay, in terms of Debian, this shouldn't matter then.  Users
> simply have to replace RedBoot with an appropriate version of APEX,
> but Debian is started the same way and the kernel should get an
> appropriate mem paramater.

ACK

Once we finish our work on the repartitioning, a brave user could
install APEX in the first flash block and the system would boot the
same way is does with RedBoot in the first block.  Just faster.

BTW, I'm not likely to have a chance to look at APEX until next week
as I'm leaving town for the weekend.