Re: APEX, NSLU2, skip stuff

* Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2006-08-13 12:49]:
> What I *think* I can do is use the image you gave me to do some
> testing.  I need to be able to get a program onto the system to test.
> I suspect there is no NPE driver, so I'll have to look for a USB
> network adapter.

You can simply take the patch for slugimage I've posted, and then
create an image with APEX and the 2.6.15 kernel from Debian and the
initramfs that has the ixp400 module in it.

Download the .zip file from slug-firmware.net, unpack the ...sda...
file (slugimage -u -i *.bin), then apply the patch to slugimage and
create a new image with
  slugimage -L apex -k vmlinux -r ramdisk -p -o new.bin
or something like that.

If you give me a copy of your new APEX, I can prepare such an image
for you. ;-)

> > At the moment, APEX passed root=/dev/ram to Linux.  I think this can
> > be removed but this needs to be tested first.
> What should the commands lines be for both the installer and the
> runtime?

I think we just need console=ttyS0,115200 noirqdebug, and then root=
will come from the environment if it's set.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/