Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:37:21PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2006-08-08 08:05]:
> > Even with the NPE driver, I don't think so.  Last I read, the kernel
> > driver was about 40K and I won't be doing even as much as that.
> > However, if you want to guarantee that there won't be any changes to
> > the partitioning, we should use 256K.
>
> Do you ever intend to implement USB and ext3?

ext2 is already available and in use.  ext3 is probably never going to
be implemented.

I would add USB as well if there were a compelling reason to do so.
At the moment, there isn't.  The only feature I can see being useful
would be putting the kernel (and initrd) onto USB media.  We've also
talked about a USB serial console.  I'm not very faimilar with the UDC
side of the USB protocol.  It's kinda complex.  I believe that host
drivers are significantly simpler.