Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 07:32:11AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
> >> It sounds like a good idea to me.
> >
> > Excellent.
> >
> > Rod?
>
> Two thumbs up from me.  Let's do it.
>
> I'm pleased we've been able to put three heads together to get a better
> combined solution compared to our initial three proposals.

:-)

I'll see what I can do to make this happen.  Since we're going this
route, we can drop the sercomm header on the ramdisk and put two skip
headers into the kernel partition.  That would mean that we'd be
copying kernel and ramdisk in the simplest fashion.

  apex> copy fis://kernel $bootaddr
  apex> copy fis://ramdisk $ramdiskaddr

It doesn't matter to me, since the headers are easy to skip.  It would
be pretty, tho.

Cheers.