Re: flash of new debian installer rc1 on nslu2 only works one time?!

Rod, Garth,

Thank you both for your answers.

Unfortunately there is not a wiki page named
HowToRemoveTheBattery. :-)

Actually, my device does not reboot each time, it
simply seem to hang when booting the installer.

Since it is a long time I wanted to put a console
port, I managed to get the right Nokia data cable.
The first surprise was that it worked without having
to solder anything again, and the second one was..

Well, it's probably my fault, but the installer stops
and complains because in the slug name there is
invalid character (an underscore).
By selecting "continue" the installation starts, and
also the ssh connection starts working.

I hope this can be of help to someone in the future.
>From my side I can tell I will never use a non
standard character anymore - though I didn't laugh so
much lately.

Thank you,
b.