Re: flash of new debian installer rc1 on nslu2 only works one time?!

Bruno,

I notice that if I hard lock the nslu2 (scan channels using mythtv-setup does it for me), that I must unplug, replug, hit power, wait 5 minutes and hit power again and then it starts SSH...  Martin indicated that is because of the RTC clock and fsck...  so you might try hitting the power button a second time to see if she boots up after a couple more minutes...

On 11/23/06, Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au> wrote:
Bruno Altobelli wrote:
> Was anyone able to find a workaround?
> I am experiencing the same problem. Reflashing with a
> standard Linksys firmware works, but trying with
> di-nslu2 results in a (it seems) half-booting slug,
> with the red led and no beeps.
> No SSH possible but it replies to pings, a portscan
> reports it has only ports 25 and 110 open.

One possibility is that the RTC chip is hung, and this is causing your
disk to be fsckd and rebooting each time.  This just happened to me -
luckily I have serial, so I could see what was going on.

Removing the battery for a few minutes and reinstalling it fixes that
problem in most cases.

See http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/OpenTheCase for instructions
on opening the case.  Removing the battery is left as an exercise for
the reader :-)

-- Rod