Re: Deciding new arm EABI port name

"Martin Guy" <martinwguy@gmail.com> wrote:
> So part of the point of moving to ARM EABI is to move to an ABI that
> allows us to distribute binary packages that will still run on
> everything (well, everything down to the armv4 family anyway)
                                           ^^^^^
As I understand it, the new ARM EABI recommends (mandates?) the use of
ARM-Thumb interworking which is not possible on the ARMv4 cores. You
can use ARMv4T but without Thumb since interworking is not supported
by the shared library stubs (PLT sequences). The ldr/ldm instructions
to load an odd/even values into PC do not make the switch to Thumb/ARM
as in ARMv5T and later architectures.

--
Catalin