Re: madplay on ARM926EJ-S versatile board

Hi,

--- Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com> wrote:
> Yes, I used the pre-built base.cramfs provided at:
>
> http://www.arm.com/linux/linux_download.html
>
> Note that this filesystem was compiled with the new
> ARM EABI toolchain
> from CodeSourcery. The pre-built packages downloaded
> from Debian won't
> run on it, you would need to re-compile them.

1. Is there any documentation on how we can build our
own cramfs for the target ARM926EJ-S on a Debian
system?

I have Debian Sarge for x86. I can setup the
CodeSourcery toolchain. How can I create the cramfs
for target ARM?

I want to have X libraries, ffmpeg (with ffplay), SDL
required by ffmpeg in the cramfs.

I have read "Building Embedded Linux Systems" by Karim
Yaghmour, but, it doesn't cover debian tools. I would
appreciate any documentation on how we can build the
filesystems in a Debian environment for a different
target platform.

Thanks,

K Shakthi

--