Re: madplay on ARM926EJ-S versatile board

Thanks for your replies Riku Voipio and Catalin

Forgive me for my ignorance, as I am new to Debian.

--- Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:
> or you need to add the madplay binaries and required
> libraries
> before creating the cramfs image.

The base.cramfs provided by ARM has the madplay binary
and I was able to play mp3s.

I am now trying to use a movie player on this
versatile ARM926EJ-S board.
I'd appreciate a step-by-step howto cross-compiling
ffmpeg or any other movie player for this board.
This is the what I tried:

--- Catalin Marinas wrote:
> The pre-built one doesn't have the dpkg database
> initialised and this is why it fails.

Yes, I used the pre-built base.cramfs provided at:

As far as creating a new cramfs and adding files,
there is no problem. I have tried it using:

mount -o loop -t cramfs <image> <mount point>
cp -r <mount point> <new directory>
mkcramfs <new directory> <image name>

I don't mind even if you can just send me a statically
compiled movie player that can run on this board.

Thanks again,

K Shakthi

i'm anti-micro$oft
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Specsoft (Hexaware Technologies)
[E]: shakthik@hexaware.com           [M]: (91) 98407-87007
[W]: http://www.shakthimaan.com      [L]: Chennai, India