Re: Debian-Installer beta 4 released for 9 architectures

In message <[🔎] 200405132013.32145.lists@peter-teichmann.de>
          Peter Teichmann <lists@peter-teichmann.de> wrote:

> It seems to work fine. But where is the official home of linloader now? And
> why did this version not find its way into the official Debian installer? It

It has no offical web home.  It is maintained in netwinder.org CVS by
Vincent Sanders and myself.   I don't know why it isn't in d-i;
presumably because someone just took the old version from b-f.

> is not obvious that one shall look to www.chocky.org/linux in order to
> install Debian.

Perhaps not to you, but I think to most RISC OS users it is at least
one of the places to look.  I have no good answer to this, except that
I have attempted to have removed some of the archaic ARM Linux
installation instructions around the web.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
AcornSearch - http://www.drobe.co.uk/  | Relevant RISC OS searches