Re: arm riscpc doesn't work at all [Bug #156704]

In message <m3pt234f11.fsf@shadow.org.uk>
          Rich Walker <rw@shadow.org.uk> wrote:

> Peter Naulls <peter@chocky.org> writes:
>
> > In message <E1CWhMx-0005XT-W3@thoth.shadow.local>
> >           Rich Walker <rw@shadow.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Noticing the BSP this weekend, I noticed a bug with Help and my name :-<
> >>
> >> I still have the very machine I was trying to do the install on.
> >>
> >> If someone can point me at a CD image to download and test on it, I will
> >> do so tomorrow.
> >
> > No CD image, but you might want to start here:
> > http://www.chocky.org/linux/riscpc/
>
> Does Not Compute.
>
> (That is a directory with a couple of kernel images in it.)
>
> I've got a RISC PC I want to put Debian on. In this case, I'm being a
> dumb end-user (due to time limitations) and so I have no facility for
> doing anything to it other than sticking a Debian ARM CD in and running
> through the installer. I would expect the Debian installer to work on
> the machine - or tell me it won't. Last time I tried, it didn't.

Let's try again:

http://www.chocky.org/linux/riscpc.html

No DI, but stuff you should certainly be looking at in any case.
RiscPCs have such a huge array of configurations that there are machines
that it just won't boot on without further kernel work.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS C Programming                  | http://www.riscos.info/