Re: [ARM] bast d-i install attempt

Vince wrote:

> ensure you have ABLE 1.98 or better
> (http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB2410ITX/resources.html#firmware)
> versions prior to this did not have a proper ifconfig command.

Yes. ABLE is the latest version from the Simtec website (1.98).

> Here if I want to do a *static* configured IP address I would use:
>
> >ifconfig ne0 192.168.7.101 tftpserver 192.168.7.1
> looking for net.ne0
> >(tftpboot)moo
>
> and that seems to work fine. Mostly I use dhcp so teh ifconfig command
> doesnt botehr me much.

If I omit 'up' from the end of the ifconfig command, as you have done,
then the 'error reading address' message goes away. I still can't ping the
board however (both ethernet interfaces behave in the same way).

> Report the bugs to simtec, they seem responsive for me in the past.

OK, I have now done so.

By the way, is there any news on the early kernel Oops in 2.4.27-bast ??