Re: Debian-Installer beta 4 released for 9 architectures

I was successful to boot d-i on my SA-RiscPC now with the new linloader. But I
did not get far:

* After chosing the keyboard layout, the keyboard does not work anymore. This
is probably because normal x86 keymaps are used. You can do that, but then
you have to use a 2.6 kernel. Otherwise use acorn keymaps. I'd recommend a
2.6 kernel. I restarted the installer and did not select a keymap.

* Searching for CDROM fails. The reason is probably that the initrd.gz does
not contain any of the kernel modules tried to find a CDROM

* It suggested then to try a network install (I would prefer this anyway) but
there is no possibility to do so.

* The d-i documentation for arm is buggy. It suggests that there is a zip
archive /debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-arm/current/dinstall.zip. This is
not existing.

Peter Teichmann