Re: strip: warning : Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN

In message <[🔎] 000e01c420b8$f9d147d0$5c05010a@intotoinc.com>
          "Padmini Krishnamurthy" <padmini@intoto.com> wrote:

> I am compiling freeswan-1.99 for a arm/XSCALE target. I am getting this warning strip: warning : Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN.
> But the compile goes through fine and when I load it on the target, all the commands complain.

You've given us precious few details - where in the compile this
command happens, and how the "commands complain", so we can only guess
at what the problem is.

I'll therefore guess - it's yet another program that's assuming armv4l
is the only kind of ARM target when it should be looking for armv*l,
although this usually only happens with native compiles on armv5l.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
Free RISC OS Hosting                   | http://www.prowl.org/