Re: strip: warning : Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 11:07, Padmini Krishnamurthy wrote:
> I am compiling freeswan-1.99 for a arm/XSCALE target. I am getting this warning strip: warning : Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN.
> But the compile goes through fine and when I load it on the target, all the commands complain.

You need to run arm-linux-strip, instead of just strip if you are cross
compiling.  Binutils will screws things up if you try and run strip on
the wrong architecture.  This is fixed up in Binutils CVS though, and
shouldn't happen in the next release.

David

--
     David Meggy