Re: PPP problem

In message <200312122103.29400.mail@peter-teichmann.de>
          Peter Teichmann <mail@peter-teichmann.de> wrote:

> You should try to install the woody kernel package (e.g. 2.4.16-riscpc).
> Then  copy the kernel (/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.16) on a DOS formatted disk, in
> RISC OS  put it into the position of your old kernel (rename the old one
> before) and  try it out.

Thanks!  For some reason I had not spotted the kernel package when
upgrading the rest of the packages to woody.  It all works now, including
the PPP.  I still had a bit of trouble making a PPP connection to the Linux
machine: I was trying to connect from an Iyonix running RISC OS.  I knew
that only one of the serial ports currently works under RISC OS, so I had
plugged the null modem cable into serial port 1.  It turns out serial port
2 is the one that works....

Thanks for your help!

--
Matthew Phillips