Re: riscos loader

On Tue 11 Dec, Phil Blundell wrote:
> >!Linux can easily be modified to make this happen, but because of the way
> >linloader is run as a library module I'm not sure if RISCOS can be made to
> >check for the presence of the module (and autoload it) or if Linloader itself
> >needs to do this?
>
> Mmm, right.  Do you know what this "memfix" module actually does?

yes. It fixes some bugs (introduced in RO4.02) in the memory page table
functions (returned size of table is wrong and every 8th page entry is
wrong/null - or something like that - I forget the details)

> It should be fairly straightforward to wrap linloader in some kind of obey
> file that does "rmensure memfix ..." and then runs the real linloader.  As
> far as !dInstall goes we can just put it in the !Run file; when it comes to
> the user sorting out their own environment, it really turns in to just a
> documentation issue.

Indeed. I've added it to the Aleph ARMLinux FAQ, which will go on line as
soon as our website comes back....(digger through a BT cable somewhere -
apparently)

Wookey