apt-get fails on ed?? [newbie]

Hi, I have installed Debian on my ARM-based iPAQ.
It works wonderfully, I installed KDE and other
sw using apt-get without a hitch.
While installing latex, though, apt-get started
complaining about ed. Now I have one
half-installed package (that I don't know how to
get rid of) and there's no way I can install the
rest of the sw that depends on it. Is the package
that I am fetching incorrectly formed? Who can
give me a hint?
Thanks!
 Toni

intimate:/# apt-get install ed
[...]
Setting up ed (0.2-19) ...
install-info: No such file or directory for
General commands
dpkg: error processing ed (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned
error exit status 1
 ed
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error
code (1)
intimate:/#

Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.