structure alignment problem ?

Hello

in short:
Is there an issue with long double functions and/or math long double functions of glibc and
the ARM ?

in long:

I've a package that can't pass the autobuilder (thanks to Phil for the bugreport!)
i've read the Brian Bray FAQ on structure alignment, and
it is the only clue i have.

i would like your advice on that. the package is mainly a
calculator, with math functions and all. the compilation
fails after displaying several warning " Implicit declaration of"
about _almost all and only_ the long double math functions (asinl, powl sinhl, atanhl ...).
strangely, no warning are raised upon fabsl and sqrtl.
needless to say that the includes seems good to me (math.h and -lm for linkage) and
those errors does not show on x86

<...>
kcalc_core.cpp: In method `void QtCalculator::ComputeSin()':
kcalc_core.cpp:761: implicit declaration of function `int sinhl(...)'
kcalc_core.cpp:764: implicit declaration of function `int asinhl(...)'
<...>
 i really can't think about a libc headers error

note that it passed the autoconf tests "check for long double..yes" without problems before the compil. and configure uses fabsl().
the program claims to use long double as its base type. so it may very well be a bad assumption made by the author somewhere.

Thanks for any pointer or tip

jean marc
casi@debian.org

On another hand, it is easy to put that on the shoulder of the structure alignment pb :)

-- Please respond to me personnally as i'm not subscribed to the list --