Re: Linux on a RiscPC 600

[...]
>> Unfortunately, I can't boot it, because the instructions don't mention where to get a Debian kernel! The Red Hat kernel won't run Debian binaries (ELF vs a.out?) and won't mount Debian ext2 images (`unsupported optional features' --- what's going on here?) so I can't actually do much with it at the moment.
[...]
>- An lkab (linux kernel auto-builder) kernel.  You'll use this later
>for booting Debian, not for installation.  These can be found at:
>ftp://inkvine.fluff.org/pub/lkab/kernels/

`Permission denied'. I did read that and check the site out, honest.

Anyway, I know have a kernel that boots, thanks to Jim and labrat; I don't see
anything on the screen apart from "Uncompressing kernel... booting", but I can
tell from the disc activity it's doing something. I assume that I have to
enable VIDC framebuffer support, right?

BTW, !Linux only seems to want to boot Red Hat kernels and linloader only
seems to want to boot zimage kernels. Hey ho.

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+