Re: ARM status

Glad to hear about all the progress!!

Jim Studt wrote:

> - I've heard tell of the frame buffer not being able to do anything
>   but 640x480.  Someone could test this and hopefully document how
>   to get into other modes.  (I do not have a multisync monitor, I can't
>   really test this.)

I think you mean Xfb can't do anything but 640x480 with 2.2.13.  fbset can put
it in 800x600 or 1024x768, but X at that res hangs the machine.  Even if I do
fbset -x to produce mode timings identical to those of the framebuffer, X still
hangs it.

I noticed that with 2.3.35-rmk1, X hangs the machine regardless of the
resolution.  Could this be a cyber2000fb problem in the kernel?  (Or was that
obvious? :-)

Zeen,

-Adam P.