Re: Debian ARM package xserver-common

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> In message <[🔎] 20000329040007.E2979@ecn.purdue.edu>, Branden Robinson writes:
> >On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 09:29:55PM -0600, Jim Studt wrote:
> >> xf86config is not built because no servers in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86
> >> are built.  Our fbdev server is built out of xfree68.
> >
> >Ah.  Well, if ARM uses only the fbdev server, there's no point trying to
> >use xf86config anyway.
>
> The SVGA server is also applicable to ARM.  Even if it's not being built as
> part of the package right now I don't think we should do anything that would
> rule it out.

Does it currently build and work?

Also, is ARM releasing with potato?  It's mighty late in the game to be
applying arch patches to the server code.  I'm very nervous about such
things accidentally breaking other arches.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Men use thought only to justify their
Debian GNU/Linux               |    wrong doings, and speech only to conceal