Re: Debian-ARM on an Acorn

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.10.10003091713350.21992-100000@irc.wincoll.ac.uk>
          David Joy <david@wincoll.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have an sa110-based Acorn RiscPC, on which I currently run ARM Linux.
> Would anyone be able to tell me how long it will be before a Debian-ARM
> port will come out that will run on it? And is there anything available at
> the moment that I could install and run on the computer? I have noticed
> an absence of install disks for ARM based machines - are any available, or
> will some be available at any point? Or is this project primarily for the
> Netwinder, with no Acorn support?

I believe someone is working on install disks/CD.  However, in
the mean time, I've written an install guide using the Redhat installer
to bootstrap off:

http://www.erble.freeserve.co.uk/

It's kind of flakey in places, but the general idea is sound.

Peter

--
| Peter Naulls - pnaulls@usa.net              |                             |