Re: Audio?

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 01:11:59PM +0100, Erik Mouw wrote:

>   ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico/splay-0.81-fixpoint.tgz
>
> I've been able to play mp3 files with ~20% CPU load on a Netwinder.

	I am now playing with about 3-4% CPU load. :)  Before I followed
the instructions given in README.ARM it was eating about 60%.   Now,
I am ready to make a package up for this but it will be pretty ARM
specific.  So, I am going to force the Architecture in the control
file to be arm only.

	Also, has anyone gotten qt2 to build on the arm?  I am getting
seg-faults part way thru when it tries to run some binary it built
during the build process.  I would love to have xsplay built as well but
it needs qt2.

	chris

chris mckillop - cdm@debian.org    "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/             -- Lewis Carroll