Re: R_ARM_PC24 relocation out of range

Peter Teichmann wrote:

> Am Thu, 17 Feb 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > >panel: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libIIOP.so.0: R_ARM_PC24
> > >relocation out of range
> > >
> > >What does that mean and what could be done against it?
> >
> > We discussed this only this morning; see the list archives.
>
> Hm. I got the source, applied the patch, and installed it. Now I get another
> error instead:
>
> ftmac30:~# gmc
> /dev/dsp: No such device

Hmm, so you told the esd you have sound hardware in debconf, but you don't seem
to.  A couple of things could be wrong:

   * You're missing /dev/dsp.  su, cd /dev, ./MAKEDEV audio will make this for
     you.
   * No sound support in your kernel.  I think the 2.2.13 package has Netwinder
     sound support, but as the waveartist module- the best way to add it is
     probably modconf.
   * Permissions trouble on /dev/dsp?  Try ls -l /dev/dsp, the group audio should
     have rw permissions, and the user should belong to group audio (see
     /etc/group).

You could also re-configure esd in debconf to ignore sound, but I don't remember
how to do that- something like debconf --reconfigure esd, but try man debconf.

Hope this helps!

-Adam P.