Re: R_ARM_PC24 relocation out of range

Hi,

> > ftmac30:~# gmc
> > /dev/dsp: No such device
>
> Hmm, so you told the esd you have sound hardware in debconf, but you don't seem
> to.  A couple of things could be wrong:
>
>    * You're missing /dev/dsp.  su, cd /dev, ./MAKEDEV audio will make this for
>      you.
>    * No sound support in your kernel.  I think the 2.2.13 package has Netwinder
>      sound support, but as the waveartist module- the best way to add it is
>      probably modconf.
>    * Permissions trouble on /dev/dsp?  Try ls -l /dev/dsp, the group audio should
>      have rw permissions, and the user should belong to group audio (see
>      /etc/group).

Well, I have a Acorn RiscPC and the audio support there seems to be quite
broken.

Yes. Now that error does not appear anymore but still it does not work. I think
sound is not the real problem, it is that strange ERROR.

unsupported playback rate: 44100
Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 16bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 8bit stereo.
unsupported playback rate: 44100
Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 22.05Khz, 8bit stereo.

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file ../../libgnorba/goad.c: line 659
(real_goad_server_activate): assertion failed: (name_service !=
CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 panel

Peter Teichmann